Budgets can be consumed in a number of ways:
- By the originator when raising an order – feedback on whether the line item is in budget
- By the approver – the approver can see how the order affects the budget
- By editing the Division and viewing the Budget
- Inside a project – seeing how the budget is performing for that project.
- Using the reporting inside the Budget module
- From within the reporting module
Spend can be committed when an order is sent to a supplier or when an order is approved
Pending spend will be shown in addition to committed spend
Draft orders can also be included in the pending spend if required.
There are a number of settings in the Business > Settings > Budget menu that can affect how budgets are consumed.