Get your vendor to accept your orderThere may be times where it isn’t good enough to just email the vendor/supplier a purchase order. You might want them to acknowledge receipt of this order together with your schedule of works or terms and conditions. We have created a routine that allows a vendor to go into Zahara, see their order and your PDF and for them to digitally sign to accept it. It works like this: Create your order in the usual way. On the page that offers you the ability to “Upload + PDF”, click the icon and choose “Schedule of Works” from the type. Then tick “Requires Acceptance” as shown below. Complete your order and make sure it goes into a workflow that at least has a step of “Send to Supplier” Once approved and the Send to Supplier step is engaged, the vendor will receive an email from Zahara asking them to take action. The wording of this email is editable in Business Settings as shown below: The vendor will now have to click the “Review link” and visit Zahara. Here they will see a screen with your “Schedule of Works” document and the line items of your order that accompanies it. (you can attach whatever PDF document you like – terms and conditions/terms of business” but for the purposes of this procedure we call it a “schedule of works”)
- The Vendor now has to click a button to generate a signing code.
- The signing code is emailed to the address we hold in the vendor record
- The signing code must be copied and pasted into the field.
- If the code is accepted, the vendor can click the Accept button
- Once accepted, the vendor is emailed the purchase order and then schedule of works (your uploaded PDF)
- The originator of the order can be notified (set an email step for this in your workflow)
- The notes of the order will state that the order has been accepted.