Watch this video above to find out how you can get more from Sage 50 with Zahara
Zahara - designed with Sage in mind
- Cloud-based so anyone can use it
- Zahara – Nothing to install
- Purchase Ordering with flexible approvals
- Invoice matching & processing using OCR
- Flexible invoice approvals
- Spend analysis, exception handling and reporting
- Future proofing your business with new features released monthly
- Full integration with Sage 50 using SmartSync
How it works - buying
Your staff can have a Zahara account and place purchase requests. These can be approved by email and the purchase order sent onto the supplier. Deliveries can then be easily receipted. Once the invoice is received into Zahara, the invoice can be matched, approved and then exported into Sage 50. It is only the Invoice was pass over to Sage.
How it works - Finance team
The finance team have an immediate visual of all spend as it's being made - even at trade counters using the Zahara app. Invoice processing becomes faster and easier - invoices can be emailed directly into Zahara. There will be invoices in Zahara but not in Sage 50 but that's ok because you can run off reports at month end for accruals.
Projects and Jobs
Sage 50 is used widely in job centric businesses like construction. Zahara's projects can be used for the allocation of spend for your different jobs. You can create project budgets with granularity like materials, labour, and hire. Whatever you need, you can set expected spend up front and get alerted when the guys start spending close or over the Budget limit.
How it works - coding
Zahara was designed with Sage in mind. We have all the coding you need to create invoices in Sage exactly the way you need them. We have Projects and Cost Codes and we have Divisions that can map to Departments. In fact, with our SmartSync tool you can create whatever mappings you like. If you love our Projects but don't have the Projects module in Sage, no problem. Just map our Project code to the Sage department ID. We know Sage 50 inside out and know all the different ways people use it.
How it works - Not for Profits
We also have a handler for 'Not for Profits' where you can buy true and specify the VAT. When it comes to exporting the invoice, we can "Gross Up" which is our way of converting the invoice to include VAT with the specified T9 tax code.
With Zahara's mobile app, your buyers can buy out in the field. We have a neat solution for trade-counter purchases as well. They can generate a PO number and then photograph the collection note, so Finance have an immediate visual of expected invoices.
SmartSync is our on-premise tool that connects to Zahara and Sage 50. The SmartSync settings are incredibly flexible, allowing you to map Zahara and Sage in any way you want. SmartSync is installed on a Windows PC or Server that's always on and as close to the Sage data files as possible. We recommend avoiding Sage 50 Cloud and having your Sage data files hosted on your own internal network. Our tool runs as a service, 24 x 7, listening for new invoices exported in Zahara and keeping everything aligned and in sync. When we record an invoice in Sage 50, we also create a link to the document in Zahara so you can easily get at the PDF.
If you requirements are modest and invoice volumes low, and taking into account our only hand-over point to Sage is the invoice - everything else is in Zahara and can be accrued easily - you don't need to use SmartSync if you don't see the benefit. We have a specific Sage 50 CSV export and we support Gross up and line item compression - meaning lines are consolidated down to the fewest number possible - matching nominal or tax codes.
- Always on, Windows service
- Syncs Nominals, Tax Codes, Projects, Code Codes, Suppliers
- Create suppliers in Zahara, have them appear in Sage automatically
- Map Zahara's Divisions, Projects or Cost codes to Sage Departments
- Zahara's Projects mirror Sage's Projects but with better visibility for all
- Save the invoice PDF in the supplier Memo tab
- Easily add-on our on-premise SmartInvoice OCR software
- Fault tolerance, error handling and logging built-in
- Uses SQL or Access database - can be used for reporting as well