QuickBooks Importer with Advanced Options
Although we provide an IIF file export from Zahara to QuickBooks, this format doesn’t support Tax code setting – essential for most businesses in the UK and Europe. As a result, we have found a useful utility called Business Importer that does a great job of importing Zahara supplier invoices. The steps required are below that include all of the initial one-off download and setup steps.
- Download (and purchase) the Business Importer utility from this url: http://cloudbusinessllc.com/business-importer-for-quickbooks-desktop-pro/
- Download our Mapping File here and save to your My Documents folder
- In Zahara, go to Business > Settings > Integrations and change the type to “QuickBooks Desktop Excel”
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and login
- Launch Business Importer ..
- Allow the connection to your QuickBooks company
- Export your invoices from Zahara – in exactly the same way as the IIF file export – select and click Export.
- Now in Business Importer, click the Select File button as shown below and browse to the new Excel file from Zahara
- Select Sheet1 and Bill on the other two drop downs.
- Click Next
- Now select the Load Mappings link and browse to your downloaded .Dat file
- Now click Next
- Now click Import
If all goes to plan, your invoices will now be in place.
Things to remember:
- Your TaxCode in Zahara should be ‘S’ for Standard VAT (UK). We use the Code – not the Description
- Your Nominal code Descriptions should match exactly with QuickBooks – we use the Description
- If your invoice has a Product Code – we dynamically switch to Creating an Item in QuickBooks otherwise it will be an Expense
- We havent added Zahara Projects into the Excel spreadsheet to represent Customer Jobs
The next time you need to export / import, all you will need to do is:
- Export invoices from Zahara
- Launch Business Importer
- Browse to the Excel file
- Click Next, Next, Import